Participants that only need workplace and academic approved cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification can attend 3 different courses. Participants will learn the latest CPR rescue techniques as mandated by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). Learn life saving rescue techniques by enrolling in our basic CPR and AED training courses throughout Canada.
Participants have several courses to select from when registering for CPR and AED ‘Only’ training. The following is a breakdown of the three level’s participants may select:
- CPR level ‘A’ – This course teaches rescue techniques for adult victims only. This is the shortest and most basic of the three level’s.
- CPR level ‘C’ – This is the most popular level of CPR training and it includes CPR rescue techniques for victims of all ages.
- CPR level ‘HCP’ – This is the most comprehensive CPR course available. It teaches participants advanced rescue techniques and is designed for individuals that work in the health care field.
Participants enrolled in CPR and AED courses will learn about the following topics
- Staying safe and scene assessments
- When and how to use EMS
- Unconscious victim management
- Obstructed airway victims (choking)
- Unconscious non-breathing victim management
- Breathing emergency management and recognition
- Circulatory emergency management and recognition
These topics will be covered with knowledge components and hands-on training techniques.
The length of a CPR and AED only course is 4 to 6 hours depending on the level of CPR training you need. CPR level ‘A’ is approximately 4 hours long and CPR level ‘HCP’ is approximately 6 hours longs.
The cost of the course varies depending on the level and your location. Prices vary from 45 to 88 dollars. We have the lowest and most competitive prices in your area.
The typical participants of a CPR and AED only course are as follows (this list does not encompass all students / professions and may vary for each employer / school):
- Health care worker
- Fitness worker
- Care home attendant
Participants will not received any first aid training or certification in these courses. Automated external defibrillator (AED) is included in the course.
Yes, we can send an instructor to your facility if space allows or we can arrange a private course at our facilities throughout Canada.
Participants enrolled in this course will receive St Mark James CPR and AED certification that states the level of CPR earned. This certificate is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. Participants may be required to re-certify this award at an earlier date based on academic or workplace requirements.
CPR and AED re-certifications are available with St Mark James Training. Only CPR level ‘C’ and ‘HCP’ awards may be re-certified. Participants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for re-certification.
- Certificate must be current upon date of re-certification course
- Certificate must be provided by a Canadian provider
Participants with expired certificate must attend full course.