If you need certification for first aid or CPR training, just sign up for a training program at St. Mark James Training Windsor. The credentials awarded to students after finishing the training are valid all throughout Canada for two years. Certification programs are comprehensive courses, focused on basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, food safe, and safety. These programs have equal parts of lecture and demonstration which are designed to build both knowledge and skill of the trainees. St. Mark James Training Windsor boasts flexible schedule and high quality programs so you don’t have to worry about the training you will be receiving.
Students can choose a program or course from the provider homepage or from the description below. Enrolment / sign-up can be completed through e-mail, telephone, or even in person. The most popular method used by prospective trainees is the online application form that can be filled out at any time.
The process of CPR involves the use of chest compressions, rescue breaths, and defibrillation to restart a heart that has experienced cardiac arrest. In a hospital or similar clinical set up, the use of medication is also an integral part of providing adequate CPR. Part of the CPR training at St. Mark James Training Windsor involves the use of high-end training mannequins and equipment – primarily adult and pediatric mannequins, bag valve masks, barrier devices, and automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
Several programs on CPR are available, with most of them including first aid training except for the stand-alone classes. All certification expires after three years.
- Standard CPR training – includes basic first aid and 1-person rescue training; runs for 14-16 hours over 2 days with re-certification for 6-8 hours
- Emergency CPR training – same as Standard CPR training; runs for 6.5-8 hours over 1 day with re-certification for 4-6 hours
- Standard Child Care CPR training – includes basic first aid and 1-person rescue of pediatric victims (infants up to younger teenagers); runs for 16-20 hours over 2 days with re-certification for 8-9 hours
- Emergency Child Care CPR training – same as Standard Child Care CPR training; runs for 8 hours over 1 day with re-certification for 6-8 hours
- CPR Level A (stand-alone) – basic CPR and AED training for adult victims; runs for 4 hours with no re-certification available
- CPR Level C (stand-alone) – basic CPR and AED training for both adult and pediatric victims; runs for 5 hours with re-certification for 4 hours
- CPR Level HCP (stand-alone) – basic CPR Level C (CPR and AED) training for healthcare providers (HCPs); runs for 6 hours with re-certification for 4 hours
Food Safety and Handling
This provider also offers a food safe certification program. It primarily teaches trainees the important of hygiene and how to manage or handle food. Food establishments or workplaces the manufacture any form of food require its employees to have updated food safety and handling certificates. Windsor does not expire food safety credentials but require them to be updated every 5 years.
Safety programs teach trainees how to prevent safety hazards from occurring in your home or workplace, as well as how to manage any resulting injuries from said hazards with basic first aid skills (wound care, bandaging, etc.)
- Fire hazards and safety
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Hydrogen-sulfide awareness
All of these are available on-line and have certification that does not expire, except for hydrogen sulfide awareness. That program is available both online and in house, and certification has a validity of three years.