About St. Mark James Training in Hamilton
St. Mark James Training in Hamilton is a provider of a variety of first aid, CPR and safety programs. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid are our most popular programs but safety awareness and food handling courses are also offered. Classes are available all through the week, including evening and weekend classes. With the number of schedules offered, trainees never have a hard time finding a program they need certification for.
There are several ways to sign up for training, the most popular being the online application form on the St. mark James Training Hamilton website. However, to provide trainees with the most convenient methods, e-mails and telephone calls are also ways to sign up. Walk-ins should be conducted during business hours only.
CPR and First Aid Training Hamilton
We offer a number of CPR and first aid programs, as well as stand-alone CPR/AED programs. AEDs are defbrillators used to return the heart to a normal rhythm. There are full two-day training programs (standard training) and shorter, one-day training programs (emergency training). Stand-alone CPR programs have three different levels available.
First aid is included in most of the training programs. They teach very basic first aid skills such as how to use inhalers and epinephrine pens, wound care, and splinting and bandaging.
- Standard First Aid & CPR – 2 days, 14 to 16 hours
- Emergency First Aid & CPR – 1 day, 6.5 to 8 hours
- Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR – 2 days, 16 to 20 hours
- Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR – 1 day, 8 hours
Child care programs cover the same basic knowledge and skills as the standard and emergency first aid CPR programs, but focuses on the difference in performing CPR and first aid on children. Infants and younger teenagers are still considered pediatric patients.
Certificates expire after three years after they are issued. Some first aid and CPR programs have available re-certification classes in order to renew the certification for another three years.
- Standard First Aid & CPR – 6-8 hours
- Emergency First Aid & CPR – 4-6 hours
- Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR – 8-9 hours
- Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR – 6-8 hours
Students with certificates that have expired do not qualify for re-certification classes. Trainees must have valid certificates in order to sign up for re-certification program.
Safety awareness programs are building up to become one of the most popular programs offered at St. Mark James Training Hamilton. There is a variety of safety awareness courses available, available both in-house and online.
Food safety certification
Food safety certification is an in-house program that is typically completed in two days. Food safety certificates do not expire but provincial legislation requires it to be updated or upgraded at least every 5 years.
Other safety awareness programs include topics such as:
- WHMIS – Workplace Hazardous Material Information System – teaches trainees differed WHMIS hazard symbols that represent different classes of controlled products in Canada. Controlled products are typically placed in containers with these large hazard symbols.
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- H2S – available both in-house and on-line
- Fire hazards
All online programs have certificates that do not expire.