Standard first aid is one of the most popular workplace approved courses available to Canadian’s. This criteria for this course varies slightly by province but the course content remains the same. This page will outline the details about this two-day first aid and CPR course.
Participants enrolled in standard
- Emergency response and the emergency response system
- Rescue scene assessment
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s)
- Breathing emergencies (obstructed airways, anaphlyaxis, asthma, hyperventilation)
- Circulatory emergencies (heart attacks, angina, stroke)
- Wound care and management
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Joint injuries
- Muscular injuries
- Environmental emergencies (hypothermia, heat stroke, heat exhaustion)
- Sudden medical emergencies (seizures, diabetic emergencies)
This course is a two-day course that takes 14 to 18 hours to complete. The length of the course varies slightly by provincial regulation. This course can also be provided in a blended course format where participants are only required to attend one day of classes and the other day can be completed on a on-line course.
The cost of this course is dependent on your location and varies from 110 to 145 dollars. The cost of the course includes all applicable taxes, registration fees and a take-home manual
The typical participants of this course include:
- Community Workers
- Care Attendants
- Life Guards
- Security Workers
- Police Officers
- Fire fighters
- Oil and gas workers
- Daycare / Childcare workers
Participants are asked to contact their supervisors or teacher to determine if this is the correct course for you.
CPR training is a mandatory component of standard first aid training. The following are the three level’s of CPR training that can be partnered with this course.
- CPR level “A” – CPR for adult victims only
- CPR level “C” – CPR for adult, child and infant victims
- CPR level “HCP” – Also known as CPR level “C” for health care providers – CPR for adult, child and infant victims at a health care provider level.
Participants will have the opportunity to select the level of CPR training to partner with the course during course registration.
Private standard first aid, CPR and AED courses are available for groups of any size. Please use the contact number posted above or email at email@example.com to book a course or to receive a quote. Courses can be held at St Mark James training centres, or if space allows, can be held at your location.
Participants that successfully complete this course will receive workplace and academic approved certification that is valid for 3 years. Participants may be required to re-certify certification at a earlier date based on workplace requirements.
Re-certification courses are available for standard first aid. Prerequisites vary depending on your province. Prerequisites that are upheld for each province include
- Certificate must be current upon date of re-certification course
- Certificate must be provided by a Canadian provider